Lumen Christi Academies are devoted to welcoming families to our schools regardless of their financial circumstances. We believe every child should be able to enroll at LCA to receive a great education in a safe, loving and faith filled environment. We offer substantial scholarships based on need at all of our schools. Tuition assistance may help close the gap between the total tuition cost and what the family can afford.
*LCA expects families to make a minimum contribution toward tuition costs each year.
Tuition Assistance is awarded based on demonstrated financial need. Families are encouraged to apply for all available aid and must reapply each year.
The Mission of Family Aid Catholic Education (FACE) is to
- Provide tuition assistance that enables children from diverse low-income families to attend Catholic schools.
- Help children and families break the cycle of poverty and disadvantage by supporting access to quality Catholic education in the Diocese of Oakland.
FACE Granting Guidelines
Students shall be considered only if they meet all the following minimum criteria:
- Maintain eligibility for admission to, or continued attendance at a Catholic school in the Roman Catholic Diocese of Oakland as determined by said school.
- Have a completed current year application on record with FACTS Management, a third party company providing financial need assessment.
- Have demonstrated qualified financial need as determined through FACTS analysis of information submitted in financial aid application.
The BASIC Fund Scholarship:
The BASIC Fund (Bay Area Scholarships for Inner-city Children) is a privately funded organization providing partial-tuition scholarships to low-income families across the Bay Area, helping them to afford the cost of tuition at the private school of their choice. This program is intended as a helping hand for families enrolling their children at a private school for the first time.
Any family wishing to be considered for financial assistance must complete the online FACTS Grant and Aid application. A new application must be submitted each school year. Submission of a financial aid application does not guarantee financial assistance. Any late or incomplete applications will not receive consideration for tuition assistance.
For confidential assistance, or if the processing fee is cost prohibitive for your family, directly contact the principal at the school to which you are applying.